Chicken Karahi is a dish from Pakistan and is famous for its unique spicy taste. Besides taste, Chicken Karahi has good nutrients included e.g. yogurt, ginger, garlic, tomato, lemon, green coriander, etc. which are enriched with vitamins and minerals to satisfy the daily requirements of a human body. The dish is prepared in a Karahi, a thick, circular, and deep cooking pot (similar in shape to a wok) and is used in Pakistani, Indian, Afghan, and Bangladeshi cuisines. This Chicken Karahi (karahi chicken) recipe will give you a unique spicy flavor which you will love.
Ingredients for Karahi Chicken
- Chicken: half kg
- Cumin Seeds (safed zeera): 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Crushed (kuti hui surkh mirch): 1 tea spoon
- Black Pepper (kaali mirch): 1 tea spoon
- Red Chili Powder (surkh pisi mirch): 1 teaspoon
- Salt (namak): 1 teaspoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste (adrak lehsan ka paste): 1 teaspoon
- Yougurt (dahi): half cup
- Tomatoes (tamatar): half kg
- Green Chillis (hari mirch): 3 pieces
- Lemon juice (leemoon ka ras): 1 teaspoon
- Ground Hot Spice (pisa hua garam masala): half teaspoon
- Green Coriander (hara dhaniya): 2 tablespoon
- Sliced Ginger (adrak kata hua): 2 tablespoon
- Cooking Oil/ghee: half cup
Chicken Karahi Recipe
- Put half cup ghee in a pan, add Ginger Garlic paste, let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add chicken and cook it till its color becomes White.
- Put Tomatoes, Cumin Seeds, Red chili crushed, Black Pepper, Salt, Yogurt, and Red Chilli Powder in the Karahi and mix these all spices well for 2-3 minutes and cover it.
- Let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Add Lemon Guice, Green Chillis for a better flavor, fry it for 3 minutes.
- Add Ginger, and Green Coriander.
- Delicious and tasty Chicken Karahi with a twist is ready to be served.
Watch video version of this recipe
Serve it with hot Bread, chapati, or Naan and enjoy; you will love the taste.